Educational Partnership with Sahar-Education;
Afghanistan Relief Organization along with its humanitarian projects, it had worked with the American NGOs in Afghanistan:
- Knights Bridge International-ED Artist
- Ken Hundermer-JRI/Denton Operations, Charleston AFB, SC
- Karen Magid-Paramount Pictures
- Jennifer Braun – International Midwife Assistance
- Steve Lynch Orange County Register
- Robin Pierson from Orange Coast Magazine
- Pangea Foundation
- Evergreen: Despite a great amount of challenge in landing of a Boeing 747 Airplane in Kabul in 2001, ARO managed to transport aids including clothes, medical supplies, food for Kabul Zoo animals and other basic needs to Afghanistan. See details at: www.evergre enaviation.com)
- Margaret Stockkovet: Provided aid for 30 underprivileged women to acquire tailoring for five years (2001 to 2007).
- Mary Urashima: Worked as a volunteer to help war-affected families for four years.
- Dr. Tom Grams- Worked with doctors without borders- founded a dental clinic for ARO to provide free services for the poor. He was killed in Afghanistan by the Taliban . His clinic is still active under his name at ARO.
- Lott Bruise- a high-ranking official at the US embassy, Kabul. Appreciated ARO’s work and donated to further extend our work.
- Nick Robbins- CNN Reporter: Created a documentary associated with ARO on Ahmad Shah Massoud’s life- Afghan National Hero.
We highly appreciate the partnership of Sahar Education in support of education in Afghanistan!
Afghanistan Relief Organization is registered in the United States, located in Los Angeles, operating as a charity organization mainly for providing educational programs and humanitarian aid in a timely manner for disadvantaged Afghans in Afghanistan.
On behalf of ARO and my fellow team members of the board of trustees in Los Angeles, we welcome you to the educational partnership. Thus, we hope that the mutual corporations will expand in the future.
Afghanistan Relief Organization is proud to have a-twenty-four year experience in unending educational programs and charitable assistance.After the fall of Afghanistan on 14th of August into the hands of the new government, Taliban, almost all international aid agencies either left Afghanistan or suspended their operations in Afghanistan, which made the situation for girls and low level of women and needy children more difficult than ever expanded.
Since its establishment, ARO has successfully implemented and completed various projects, such as literacy for women, sewing projects, plumbing classes, car mechanics, English and computer training classes in Afghanistan even in the worsening condition in which this relief organization has continuously carried out the humanitarian operations in Afghanistan.ARO appreciates the institutional cooperation of Sahar Education, which in this bad economic condition of Afghan women and children, trusted Afghanistan Relief Organization management and supported the sewing and literacy projects.
According to the statistics of the United Nations, more than 20 million people in Afghanistan are under extreme poverty situations, most of the working women class of Afghanistan are also responsible for taking care of their families.ARO considers sewing and literacy projects much helpful for working women of Afghanistan. In addition, we also suggest that this cooperation (partnership) be expanded in other parts of educational and professional activities.On behalf of ARO and my fellow team members of the board of trustees in Los Angeles, we welcome you to the educational partnership. Thus, we hope that the mutual corporations will expand in the future.
The Executive Chair of Afghanistan Relief Organization (ARO)